Pay Yourself & Invest On You

What does it mean by "Pay  yourself"? Have you ever heard this term before? You might have confused how to pay yourself and what is its requirement? Again you might have heard about invest money in certain business or project. But how you can invest money on you? Even these topics might not have come to your mind before. Two close and important persons in my life gave me these ideas during our conversations. And then I realized the importance of these ideas to implement in life. Let me share about these conversations, which may clarify your doubts on these very topics.


Before going to the very topics we ought to understand the difference between saving money and to pay yourself.



Why to save money?

In order to save money you have to minimize your expenditures to be financially independent or to buy a car or to buy a house or to get out of
debt or for a vacation or for an unforeseen expenses or emergencies or to have a good life.

A question may come to your mind, if you will save from your earnings for all these above mentioned reasons, then what is the requirement of paying yourself again? 






Why and how you have to pay yourself?


 Let me present a conversation of mine with one of my favorite teachers, who is a well known academician and clinician in the field of Manipulative Physical therapy. We were having a casual talk about
his academic achievements. Meanwhile he told that, he has been saving 25% of his earnings for his academic and professional growth even today also (even after being a successful professional). And he also advised me to do so for the same as we have to update our knowledge regularly for professional prosperity. Being influenced by him I also started doing so since I heard it from him and have been spending it in updating my knowledge. I think this is the reason, for which you have to pay yourself for                                           your professional growth




Why and how you have to invest money on you?

You do hard work to earn and utilize the earning for the daily expenditures of the family, to save for future and also for charity and social works. For which, you have to utilize your own precious time, utilize your physical strength and energy. But in this course of life usually you forget to take care
of yourselves. Gradually you become ignorant about your gray hair, collection of black heads on your fore head and cheeks and dullness of your skin. Even to save money sometimes you might have compromised with your proper diet, dressed your hair in roadside salons, tried to manage with cheap apparels. By this way you compromise with your health, your personality. 

The same thing also happened with me. One day I was discussing about the preparation of my project presentation with one of my favorite seniors. He is a practicing Orthopedic Physiotherapist at Guwahati. He was guiding me for an effective presentation. At last he also suggested me to buy a pair of branded shoes, branded clothes and to dress the hair in a reputed salon and do some facial. And also he accompanied me for all these; meanwhile he described why it is necessary. I understood that, after all a good personality and feeling good and smart always has some extra advantages. Next day I put on the clothes and shoes and stand in front of the mirror and felt the difference in my confidence level. As per him proper health is also one of the important aspects of a good personality. So proper diet has to be maintained to nullify the effect of stress and aging, what he follows strictly. Now I am also maintaining a good diet too.


Health is wealth and knowledge is power. Therefore, you have to pay yourself for the professional growth and also you have to invest some amount of your earning on yourself to improve your health and personality. Do you think these ideas will be really meaningful in our life?





Comments

  1. ଟଙ୍କା ସଞ୍ଚୟ କରିବା ଏବଂ ନିଜକୁ ଦେୟ ମଧ୍ୟରେ ପାର୍ଥକ୍ୟ ଟି ଅତି ସୁନ୍ଦର ଭାବରେ ଉପସ୍ଥାପନ କରାଯାଇଛି ଭାଇ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mr. Nirkar. ବହୁତ ବହୁତ ଧନ୍ୟବାଦ

      Delete
  2. Thank you sir for your great thoughts... Really you are an inspiration for youth group

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God, Faith and Me

My Way of Managing Stress and Depression