God, Faith and Me

God, Faith and Me

                                     

If someone will ask me, "Do you have faith on God?" my answer will be "YES'. Unlike other students of Science I also had doubt on the existence of God. Also I had fear on Him. Perhaps that was the reason for which I had been worshiping Him, until my faith became stronger. Few incidents in my life energized my faith on Him. I do not now whether people will believe it or not. They may think it may happened coincidentally. But these incidents changed the fear into love for Him. Let me share those incidents. I hope people will love it, strengthen their faith on God or clarify their doubts on his existence.

This was the first incident which happened and increased my love towards Him. At that time I was a student of Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). During those days very often we were sent for the camps organized for the rehabilitation of special children in a district of Odisha, named as Mayurbhanj. Baripada is the district headquarter of Mayurbhanj. It is a small and beautiful town with lots of idyllic sites to visit. We were staying in the hotels booked by the organizers. We were 13 students in that team. It was the day of Shivratri. Few people among us kept fasting on this occasion. After returning from the camp our entire team visited a Shiv temple, which was at least 2 kilometres away from the hotel. It was a Solar eclipse on the same day. So the last stage of the puja was getting delayed. Team mates asked me to return to the hotel. I stayed there all the night and told them to return to the hotel. That small Shiv temple was inside the premises of a Jagannath temple, known as Bantha Jagannath temple. I was sitting inside the temple. A number of diyas were lighted inside it. Innumerable incense sticks were emitting the fragrance through the smoke. As a small space was there to sit, I occupied it and sat on the floor and started chanting the powerful Mahamrityunjay Mantra. Meanwhile, I was pouring oil into the diyas offered to the deity by me and other devotees. All other devotees were sitting in the temple premises and waiting for that auspicious moment. The last stage of Shivratri is considered as the most important and more auspicious. In this stage a diya has to be established on the top of the temple, which is known as Mahadeep. At last that auspicious moment came at 4.00 AM. I was still sitting inside the temple and chanting the most powerful Mahmrityinjaya mantra. The pujari entered into the temple and saw all other diyas were extinguished due to lack of oil. But a single diya was still spreading the light inside the temple. That diya was mine. He asked his assistant to consider this diya as Mahadip and to establish it on the top of the temple. After listening it tear came out from my eyes. I could not control my emotion as God accepted my love and devotion. That was the first incident, which changed my fear into love.

Another incident, which made me a strong believer of God. After completing my post graduation I got appointed as an Assistant professor in a private university at Guwahati. At the initial days I stayed in a private hostel. I also had a room mate from my state. I usually prefer bread, chapati and paratha than rice. In that hostel all these things were available only during the morning breakfast. I was getting delayed for the bus. So I skipped the breakfast. But the owner kept it in a hot case and offered me along with the freshly cooked dinner. My room mate resisted me to not to have the chapati prepared in the morning. But refusing his advice I had it. After some time I felt itching in my back and after sometime it spread through out the body. He  repeatedly suggested me for a consultation at nearby medical college and hospital. But I refused. After half an hour he slept. I was unable to sleep. So I started chanting Mahamrityinjaya mantra. When I completed 108 repetition, I felt a strong feeling of vomiting and I ran away towards the wash basin. All the foods I engulfed came out from my stomach and I felt so relax. I saw all the skin patches were vanishing from my body surfaces. I bade thanks to the almighty and slept comfortably.

Yet I have not seen Him. But I have felt his presence in most of the critical situations. I have felt his blessings in so many instances of my life. After all He lives in your faith and love, not in fear and disbelieve. 


Comments

  1. There are lot of incidents happened with j everyone's life but it depends on one's belief. All will give you the suggestions but only you can make self understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your incidents can inspire many devotees and can guide many non-believers. Thanks for sharing and the writing is also very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Siba. After all the faith on Him matters a lot.

      Delete
  3. Few are there who cry for God. For in life they believe in oneness and seek for the one, we name as GOD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inspiring sir it shows believe n faith is so important that one must develop🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pay Yourself & Invest On You

My Way of Managing Stress and Depression